Start Building Your Estate Plan Today

At Life Care Planning Law Group, we can assist you in planning for who will handle your medical and financial affairs if you become disabled and who will manage your estate when you are gone. We have experience in drafting documents to accommodate your many needs and in navigating the probate process when administering an estate.

Get estate planning help today: When you are planning for the future of your estate, call 978.745.4410 to speak to our experienced estate planning attorneys.

Building Your Estate Plan

At Life Care Planning Law Group, we can help you to decide which, if any, of the following documents are in your interests:

  • Wills — Writing a will allows you to choose what will happen to your assets when you pass away. Without one, the state will make those choices for you. Our Newburyport wills lawyers assist clients with various wills, including simple wills and pourover wills.
  • Trusts — We assist clients with the formation of various trusts, including:
    • Living trust — Also called inter vivos trusts, living trusts take effect during the life of the person who created the trust.
    • Testamentary trust — Also called a trust under will, testamentary trusts are created by a will and take effect upon the death of the person who created the trust.
    • Revocable trust — Revocable trusts can be altered or terminated by the person who created the trust.
    • Irrevocable trust — Irrevocable trusts cannot be terminated by the person who created the trust.
    • Special needs trust — Also called supplemental needs trusts, special needs trusts are created to ensure ongoing care of individuals with special needs, a handicap or a disability.
  • Living wills — Our Newburyport living wills lawyers assist clients with their living will. A living will expresses a severely incapacitated person's desire not to be kept alive by artificial or extraordinary means should the expectation of recovery become unreasonable. Living wills are not binding in the state of Massachusetts.
  • Health care proxy — A health care proxy is a written directive used to convey your wishes in the event you become incapacitated. A health care proxy can express your desires as well as name someone to make medical decisions on your behalf if you are unable to do so.
  • Powers of attorney — A power of attorney allows you to appoint someone else to handle your financial, health care and other affairs for you. We can provide you with powers of attorney, including durable powers of attorney (powers of attorney that continue even if you become incapacitated).


Going through the probate process, you want an attorney who will support your interests and values. You want a law firm that will work closely with you and provide quality, cost-effective legal services.

Our probate lawyers can assist you with probating and administering an estate. We are familiar with Massachusetts and New Hampshire probate laws. In some cases, it is better to have a third-party probate and administer the estate to avoid family bickering during asset distribution and circumvent the appearance of favoritism.

Elder Law

Our elder law lawyers can assist you with all elder law issues, including Life Care Planning. Please schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers to learn more about our services and how they can help your family.

Contact our Law Firm Today

For a consultation with an experienced estate planning lawyer, contact our law firm online. We have offices in Salem & Newburyport,, Massachusetts.

Protecting A Loved One Through a Guardianship Or Conservatorship

Life Care Planning Law Group helps people establish guardianships and conservatorships for loved ones who are not capable of caring for themselves or making sound decisions. For a reasonable and affordable fee, we can create the necessary legal documents and represent you in court to achieve your goal.

In a consultation, we can explain what your legal responsibilities are regarding your loved one and how we can help you protect and provide for your loved one through a guardianship or conservatorship.

Contact Life Care Planning Law Group for a consultation with an attorney about an adult or child guardianship or conservatorship.

The Uses of a Guardianship and Conservatorship

Guardianship or Conservatorship is used for individuals who lack the capacity to make decisions about key matters such as finances or health care. These Guardianships or Conservatorship can be limited in scope. The recent enactment of the Uniform Probate Code allows for customization of a court order to the person's specific needs. Guardianships can be for the elderly, a child whose parents may be unable or unwilling to care for them, or could be for a child prodigy or performer or any other individual who may have a diminished or limited capacity.

Experienced Salem Guardianship and Conservatorship Attorneys

The attorneys at Life Care Planning Law Group have helped many people in eastern Massachusetts establish guardianships and conservatorships to manage the affairs of vulnerable children and adults. By doing so, we have also helped our clients get peace of mind. They appreciate our deep concern for the well-being of their loved ones and the efficient and cost-effective legal services we provide. Let us put our experience to work for you.

Contact a Lawyer

For a consultation with a lawyer, contact Life Care Planning Law Group. We have offices in Salem & Newburyport, Massachusetts, to serve you.